[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Tue Jan 30 13:47:08 EET 2024

Quoting Nicolas George (2024-01-30 11:12:13)
> Kieran Kunhya (12024-01-29):
> > A commercial SOW with a private company that took the commercial risk on
> > that contract taking longer or being more difficult than anticipated or
> > someone else doing the work without telling them.
> >
> > The terms of that contract were discussed in private and don't affect the
> > project itself.
>
> It does not affect the project itself except in resulting in a patch
> series that was developer all alone, wasting the benefit of having
> several competent people contributing ideas for the core design, and an
> attitude of urgency and closed-mindedness for anything that would delay
> applying the series once it was posted, even if it was severe breakage
> of features.

All of these are objectively false.

Preliminary cleanup patches first appeared on the ML in December 2021.
The project was then publicly announced in April 2022. The work was
upstreamed continually, in a total of ~50 small-to-medium patchsets over
the course of ~2 years. The final threading conversion patches were
submitted to the ML 3 months before being merged upstream. There was
ample opportunity for anyone to comment all along the way, I actually
wish more people had used it.

You're just salty you got overruled.

--
Anton Khirnov