[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Jan 31 03:07:20 EET 2024

Hi Vittorio

On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 10:32:42AM +0100, Vittorio Giovara wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2024 at 2:48 AM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > after people said they would help and start a wiki page (no not thilo dont
> > blame him)
> > I again wrote one myself. This is really early WIP
> > it contains the application we would send to STF, this is NOT written by me
> > and a few random projects
> >
> > the structure of the application at the end is i think fixed
> > so that can be edited but the general structure is specified by STF i think
> >
> > the stuff above the application is ours and can be changed without
> > limitation
> >
> > I mainly created this page so people can start collaborating on turning
> > this into
> > what they want it to look like. My version is trash as is, iam aware of
> > that
> > thats also why i was waiting and hoping someone who is actually good at
> > this
> > would start it
> >
> > https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/STF/2024
>

> Sorry but this feels a lot like "thanks for your feedback, I'm going to do
> this anyway".

Do you want to take over ?
Its not that I want to do this work. Iam just doing it because the majority
wants the try to get the grant.

But if you think thats not the case and the majority wants to reject it
we can do a quick vote of the GA. To formally confirm this.

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire