[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clarifying the TC conflict of interest rule

Cosmin Stejerean cosmin at cosmin.at
Sat Mar 2 21:08:57 EET 2024

> On Mar 2, 2024, at 11:01 AM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> This recusal may be effected either directly by
>>   the TC member, or by a vote of the Community Committee (CC)
>>

> The CC is for enforcement of behavioural guidelines (CoC), not for
> technical matters, so this strikes me as a bit of a stretch of the CC
> mandate.

I don't think in this case the CC would be enforcing a technical matter, but rather enforcing the recusal in the case of a conflict of interest when the TC member in question fails to recuse themselves. This does seem appropriate for the CC as the question is one of behavior rather than technical merit.

- Cosmin