[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clarifying the TC conflict of interest rule

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Mar 5 04:36:14 EET 2024

On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 10:15:31PM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Quoting Michael Niedermayer (2024-03-04 00:36:21)
> > [words words]
>
> Again - why do you personally need so many choices? Just one should be
> enough. If someone else wants some other choice on the ballot, they
> should ask for it.

Many people do not speak up,
Also there has not been a real discussion from which i can see what the
community prefers.
I asked you to comment on the patches i posted but you dont want to.

the closest to a discussion where remis replies to my patches
and of course the other proposals for vote options.
if 10 people would reply and state their preferrance and i mean
10 random people not everyone from "one side" of the main disagreement
then i would have a better feeling what people prefer
and assuming that points to one or 2 clear directions then i could
suggest options that are targetet to these oppinions.

But people like boykoting my suggestion for trying to move this
forward first by discussion and consensus. That may fail but its
failure will give us knowledge what needs to be in the vote

So yes, these options are for the people not for me.

Also, extra options do no harm in a condorcet vote, it gives noone
an advanatge. It might just result in a outcome that represents the
will of more people

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras