[FFmpeg-devel] Facebook

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Mar 6 21:40:09 EET 2024

Hi all

Today ive received notifications for password reset requests on my facebook account
ive loged in and tried enabling 2FA but facebook refused. It seems my account
also had access to the FFmpeg facebook page. Which i believe hasnt been used
in the last few years, but maybe iam wrong.

Either way, facebook suspended my account, ive started an appeal
I have no idea if any of this affects FFmpeg. Maybe it does not

But it seems someone at least tried attacking my account. And i couldnt
imagine why except to access the ffmpeg page.
I dont think i ever used facebook except for FFmpeg.

it is not once nor twice but times without number that the same ideas make
their appearance in the world. -- Aristotle