[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] clarifying the TC conflict of interest rule

Vittorio Giovara vittorio.giovara at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 16:01:25 EET 2024

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 12:25 AM Michael Niedermayer via ffmpeg-devel <
ffmpeg-devel at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

> > instead of backroom deals, for a
> > change.
>
> iam sorry, but these accusations are not acceptable
> The application was and is on a public wiki
> the SoWs where collected by pierre and it was publically announced before.
> I tried to contact all people before the deadline who had incomplete
> submissions.

I think the backroom deals is referring to the months of silence between
*some people* knowing and the community being informed, plus the rushed 2
weeks voting time

> I think for a change you should say thanks to tara, pierre, SPI, STF and
> others
> doing all the work. Instead of accusations.

I don't see anybody thanking Anton for the work trying to solve the
contentious point on the rules
If anything he keeps being disparaged by conspiracy theorists, and getting
the discussion derailed

> And you should submit a proposal with SoW and all needed information
> next time. Similarly others should too. The idea of this was never to have
> just 2 people submit SoWs
>

> > The application has apparently been submitted, with no public
> > announcement that it even happened, much less what was in it.
>
> whats in it, should simlpy be what was on the wiki application
> plus the fixes and cleanups mentioned above

Can you guys open a separate thread for these points? They have nothing to
do with the case at hand.
--
Vittorio