[FFmpeg-devel] Patch which requires a new library

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia.murillo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 17:06:43 EET 2024

Hi all!

I would like to contribute a patch that adds sig v4 authentication (
https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/sig-v4-authenticating-requests.html)
to the http module.

This would allow for example to play/store an MPEG DASH content stored on
an S3 Bucket which requires authentication.

I have the code ready, but it requires using
https://github.com/aws/SigV4-for-AWS-IoT-embedded-sdk library (which is
MIT, so there should be no license issues) and I am not sure what is the
best way of adding it to the configuration file and adding the conditional
compile flags to enable the feature or not.

Could anyone give me any pointers on what is the best way of doing this?

Best regards
Sergio