[FFmpeg-devel] Patch which requires a new library

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia.murillo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 22:16:09 EET 2024

On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 7:02 PM Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net> wrote:

> Le torstaina 7. maaliskuuta 2024, 19.30.46 EET Sergio Garcia Murillo a
> écrit :
> > > The point is we don't want to use the external lib.
> >
> > For what? This is aws lib implementing the aws s3 signatures and using
> > ffmpeg crypto libs.
>
> For not depending on an external library, especially one so small and so
> specific that it is very unlikely to be shipped by the vast majority of
> FFmpeg's downstreams.

That seems fair enough, however the downside is that sigv4 lib is supported
and maintained by aws and it has a proper testing suite.

> (sigv4 is just three thousand lines of C, and most of that is just
> boilerplate.)

Would it be then acceptable to just copy/paste the library code (with
ffmpeg coding style formatting) referencing the original library url in the
code?
Also, where should we include the sigv4 code, would libautil be the correct
place?

Best regards
Sergio