[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: patch for 44.1/32 khz pcm input in pcm dvd encoder

Marth64 marth64 at proxyid.net
Mon Mar 11 23:18:30 EET 2024

Hi Andrew,

Sorry, it took me some time to author DVDs to test this but I finally got
around to it.
DVD player # 1 (DVD only) -- pass for both 32k and 44.1k
DVD player # 2 (4K/BD/DVD) -- pass for both 32k and 44.1k

Interestingly, DVD player # 2 OSD showed sample rate as 48k but anyways it
played fine.
So, I agree this is supported most likely transparently by the decoder
chipset itself.

WRT the patch itself.  I noticed there is an indentation issue in the
switch statement, and it did not apply automatically on latest master. I
had to modify it to apply.
I do not have permission to merge patches but I imagine this will be more
likely to get merged with those 2 things fixed.

out of curiosity, how did you get the constant values ? (44.1 = 2, 32 = 3).
I would like to implement this as well in to the DVD demuxer, since
apparently it is possible to do.

Thanks for sharing.
Respectfully,