[FFmpeg-devel] Indefinite ban request [RFC] Was: Re: [FFmpeg-trac] #10882(undetermined:new): swscale wastefully scales luma during yuv420p -> yuv422p

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Mar 13 02:27:17 EET 2024

On Mon, Mar 11, 2024 at 05:40:25PM -0400, Leo Izen wrote:

> On 3/9/24 20:25, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > Some members of the CC want to indefinitely ban Balling
> > from trac. And as our doc/community.texi says:
> > "Indefinite bans from the community must be confirmed by the General Assembly, in a majority vote."
> >
> > Thus some CC member wishes to involve the public here
> > (really theres no other option, the GA cannot discuss/vote on what it doesnt know)
> >
> > Also people have asked for more transparency and i strongly agree with transparency.
> >
> > As reference, and to make it possible for the community to discuss
> > this easily without too much google searching. Ive attached the
> > list of all changes in trac done by Balling.
> >
> > I do not and never did support permanently banning contributors.
> >
> > In summary: since 2019
> >      842 comment0' changed
> >      389 comment1' changed
> >      176 comment2' changed
> >       87 comment3' changed
> >       49 comment4' changed
> >       24 comment5' changed
> >       12 comment6' changed
> >        6 comment7' changed
> >        4 comment8' changed
> >        3 comment9' changed
> >     2194 comment' changed
> >       10 component' changed
> >       12 description' changed
> >       29 keywords' changed
> >       37 owner' changed
> >        8 priority' changed
> >        7 reproduced' changed
> >      291 resolution' changed
> >      537 status' changed
> >       32 summary' changed
> >        2 type' changed
> >       11 version' changed
> >

> If these are supposed to be ticket numbers on the left, I checked the first
> two and neither have comments from Balling.
>
> If these are summaries/counts on the left, could you please elaborate on how
> you generated this data? I'm not super familiar with the trac user
> interface, but iirc you can embed the search in a query string.

The data is taken from
an admin page of trac that AFAIK lists all activities a user did
then email addresses where manually removed to preserve privacy

the summary was created using
egrep -o '(comment|status|resolution|keyword|version|component|summary|owner|priority|reproduced|type|description).*changed' Balling.txt  | sort | uniq -c

The numbers on the left are counts not ticket numbers, that is Balling
seems to have edited 2194 times a comment field

according to
grep comment Balling.txt | grep -o 'Ticket [0-9]*' | sort -n | uniq -c | wc
grep status Balling.txt | grep -o 'Ticket [0-9]*' | sort -n | uniq -c | wc
grep resolution Balling.txt | grep -o 'Ticket [0-9]*' | sort -n | uniq -c | wc

he changed the comment fields in 922 distinct tickets
he changed the status field in 449 distinct tickets
he changed the resolution field in 248 distinct tickets

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras