[FFmpeg-user] codec on windows wmv

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Wed Aug 29 22:39:39 CEST 2012

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:17:18 +0200
alberto momeale <alberto.momeale at live.it> wrote:

> I am playing with ffmpeg.Now I need to test how to export in a wmv format. It works, but which is the most common codec (instead of h264) in windows? I would like user doesn't need to download a codec pack.thanks

This is less of a question about ffmpeg and can be answered by
searching the help resources provided by Microsoft. Refer to
"Information about the Multimedia file types that Windows Media Player
supports":

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316992

Also, please fix your email client to break lines every 72-80
characters for easier readability.