[FFmpeg-user] PCM signed big-endian encoding as unsigned - bug?

Gavin gavin at clayshot.com
Wed Jan 4 08:32:07 CET 2012

The version I was using was the latest from Arch Linux ffmpeg 20111211-1.
Unfortunately I cant tell you what 'official' number it was as I've now
downgraded to a November previous release, that’s working as normal.
There was no command line errors, changes or any indication that the footage
would end up as unsigned at all.  I only noticed pcm audio was unsigned when
Whatever the reason, downgrading to a previous release sorted the issue.
Perhaps just a faulty Arch package, I'll check the Arch forums.

For the record this is one of my usual conversion commands.
ffmpeg -i in.MTS -vcodec dnxhd -threads 4 -b:v 240M -pix_fmt yuv422p -acodec
pcm_s16be out.mov

Gavin