[FFmpeg-user] Support for HE-AAC v1

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Jan 16 12:10:42 CET 2012

Tarun singhal <tsinghal18 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your reply but I am not looking for native aac, I know about
> that. What I asked is, Is it possiblt to enable HE-AAC v1 codec in FFmpeg

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Currently, I don't know of an external library that supports HE-AAC v1, but
libaacplus is open-source, it should be possible to patch it so it does not use
parametric stereo. If you make that configurable, it will be easy to support it
in FFmpeg.
(This will of course not make it a multi-channel encoder.)

Carl Eugen