[FFmpeg-user] ffserver ignores filters

Mike Carambat mcaramb at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 19 18:13:42 CET 2012

Using latest build of ffmpeg/ffserver recompiled for Ubuntu 10.5.

For some reason when I use ffmpeg to stream an mjpeg feed to a stream.ffm file and use -vf with any filter, the filter is ignored upon relay at the ffserver. The streaming feed out of ffserver is the original unfiltered source.

 typing in ffserver -filters shows no filters listed, although they are listed and working in ffmpeg if I write to a file.

Is this correct behavior? So far, the only thing I can seemingly adjust at ffserver is the video size and frame rate. Is there anyway to get libavfilters to work with ffserver?

Thanks
Mike