[FFmpeg-user] Please can someone tell me why this ffmpeg command stopped working

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Sun Jan 29 14:18:54 CET 2012

On 28/01/2012 19:39, eolinwen at gmail.com wrote:
> Just a last word. What is the good command line (this one which is working
> now) ? I am sure that people who could see later this thread will be happy
> to see the final solution.

Good point. Here is the working version of the command.

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -f ac3 -i /tmp/mythar14168/audout -f rawvideo -top 1
-pix_fmt yuv420p -s 1440x1088 -r 25 -i /tmp/mythar14168/vidout -threads
2 -vf crop=1440:1080:0:0,scale=1280:720 -vcodec libx264 -preset medium
-crf 20.0 -bufsize 25000k -maxrate 20000k -aspect 16:9 -acodec copy -ar
48000 -f mp4 /home/public/video/Archive/Horizon - Playing God.mp4

Looking at the documentation again, it seems that actually the original
command should have worked because the default sample_rate for the
output file is supposed use the sample_rate from the corresponding
input channel, and -ar is permitted as an input specification, although
it is supposedly unnecessary other than when the input is raw.

Paul.