[FFmpeg-user] How can I replace numbered sound tracks in my AVI ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Mar 24 08:51:24 CET 2012

Olivier Soleil <osoleil <at> ubisoft.fr> writes:

> Let's say that I have to produce CGI movies for a game, and
> voiced tracks (ENG, FRA, ...) are located above stream 100.
> So, I have a video track on the 0 stream, surround ambient
> sounds located between 1-5 streams, and voiced tracks above
> 100th stream.

Please be more specific in a different way.
The important thing is not that you need movies for a game,
but the technology you want to use (especially which container).
MPEG-TS certainly supports tracks, but I am not sure that you
can put something into stream 0.

(Writing bink files is not supported by FFmpeg.)

> Every time the soundmix for a language is updated, I would
> like to replace the old one with the new one,
> without changing the rest of the data in the AVI.

Remux the AVI, this does not (necessarily) change the data.

Carl Eugen