[FFmpeg-user] feature request: include some useful utilities

Jan Ehrhardt phpdev at ehrhardt.nl
Tue Oct 16 15:06:54 CEST 2012

Roger Pack in gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.user (Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:45:44
-0600):
>> Kind of a request for comment, but...
>> would it be possible to somehow include "useful" things like
>> segmenter.c [1] and qt-faststart into ffmpeg's executable somehow?
>> I know they seem to be useful every now and again...
>
>Appears that my request to add qt-faststart was implemented, many thank yous.
>
> -movflags +faststart

It was a patch by Clément Bœsch
http://lists.ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2012-September/131405.html

Run a second pass to put the moov at the beginning of the file

Did you test it? How fast is the second pass? As fast as executing
qt-faststart itself?

Jan