[FFmpeg-user] Gnarly ffmpeg multi-stream demux challenge test clip

Andy Sheen sheen.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 5 00:52:26 CEST 2012

Roger Pack wrote on Tue 04 Sep at 23:43 UK time
>> The output video is uneditable by any software I have.
>> No way to move videos from off the top of each other.
>
> It seems from your youtube that it only "sees one side" in playback,
> is that right?
>
>> The command I'm using for the extraction is:
>>
>>    ffmpeg -y -i foo.skype.mov -an -vcodec copy -map 0:2 -map 0:3
>> foo.video.mov
>
> What if you try .mkv?
> What is the output of mediainfo for the resultant file?

I had a quick look and it looks to me that the two videos would need
some form of pan & scan vectors to be able to be two separate streams
and appear side by side in the original capture. I'm not in any way
familiar with the formats in use (is there anything other than H.264 and
.mkvs teehee) but that's where I'd look to see if they were being
dropped when the stream were copied. You'd get both videos decoding, but
displaying on top of each other. This would match the fact you have 2
video streams, but only one plays.

I don't know if mediainfo has this level of detail (or even if the
streams are capable of supporting P&S in this way).

> Cheers!
> -r

Andy