[FFmpeg-user] channelsplit seems to mute one channel

Owen Jones asorti6 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 08:20:53 CEST 2013

On 13 Apr 2013, at 08:16, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> The reason is that FFmpeg only marks the first
> audio track as default. The reason is that
> users typically don't like if all languages
> are played simultaneously with QT;-)
> (This was reported very often and only fixed
> recently.)
> It is not impossible to fix, but could you
> explain your use-case?

Is there any possibility of a fix or a way around this? I've also tried looking into the metadata to see if I can re-enable the second channel but can't see how to do that either. The only fix I can see right now is to post-process every output file with quicktime but this will be rather painful.

If ffmpeg is making a decision to disable a channel without an override option that feels rather like like a bug or at least a missing feature? I guess I could have a go at trying to write the code for a new filter/option myself although I think it might take me a while to get up to speed on how to do this...

Regards
Owen