[FFmpeg-user] Pipe subtitles to ffmpeg exe

Sylvain sylvain at lahiette.com
Tue Dec 31 13:35:42 CET 2013

Le dimanche 29 décembre 2013 15:51:29 Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> I am curious why you don't create the dvb subtitles with
> the FFmpeg dvbsub encoder.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.
In a first approach, i was thinking that it was possible to provide
a pipe to create subtitles, with a particular picture format.
Hence my sentence, saying that my application will provide the
Subtiles.  In fact, the correct sentence would be ;
"my application will provide the input pictures
used to build the subtiltes".

Right now, i stopped using the ffmpeg binary solution, and i am
calling directly from my application the libavcodec/libavformat
API.

I am able to generate a MPTS with H264+subtitles, but when i
replay it, I am facing issues with the framerate and PTS/DTS.
I will post a separate mail on this.

Regards (and happy new year), SF.