[FFmpeg-user] Help: transform 'asyncts=first_pts=0' into new 'aresample' filter

Frank Häfemeier ffmpeg at frank.haefemeier.eu
Mon Feb 4 00:39:30 CET 2013

Am Sonntag, den 03.02.2013, 00:21 +0000 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:

> > > I tested the following command lines:
> > > $ ffmpeg -async 1 -i video-sample.ts -qscale 2 out.avi
> > > $ ffmpeg -async 1 -i video-sample.ts -qscale 2 -vcodec mpeg4
> > > -strict -2 out.mov
> > >
> > > Both out.avi and out.mov play in-sync, both when encoded
> > > with current FFmpeg and an older version.
> >
> > What can I learn from your test?
>
> ffmpeg -async 1 has been the recommended way
> of fixing the A/V desync problems you are seeing
> with your input sample for several years (long
> before there was a aresample or asyncts filter).
> It still works fine and - afaict - there is nothing
> to "transform".

I will give it a try. But my previous solution was only follow the man
page. It tells, async argument is deprecated and the filter asyncts
respectively aresample should be used.

You tell now async is the recommended way to fix desync problems. For me
it sounds like a 'little' contradictory. What did I miss?

Bye
	Frank