[FFmpeg-user] auto sync 2 audio waveforms

Charles Zivko charleszivko at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:12:39 CET 2013

Hello,

Is it possible with any feature in ffmpeg given audio file A and audio file B to get a timestamp from each where their waveforms match in order to calculate the offset to get them to align and sync.  Currently I have two files and they are off by about 1 - 2 seconds but need to calculate this automatically.

Or if anyone is aware of any other library that may help me achieve this either programmatically or via CLI that would be great.

Thanks,

Charles.