[FFmpeg-user] Converting MPG to MP4 - Output is 2x in Length and Plays 1/2 Speed

Rob Desilets rd at icalc.com
Mon Mar 11 16:33:13 CET 2013

Hi All,

I have a MPG that I am converting to a MP4. The outputted MP4 is exactly
2x the length (22 seconds versus 11 seconds) and the file plays at half
speed. Do you know what could cause this type of issue?

Here is the command I am using:

ffmpeg -i rob-test.mpg -vf "[in]scale=480:320" -vol 0 -y -c:v libx264
-crf 24 -preset slow -profile:v baseline -level 30 -c:a libfaac -q:a 100
-r 30 new.mp4

P.S. This command works fine for literally thousands of video files that
come through our system, but this one MPG is causing the issue.

Original:

http://legacy.skydivingphotography.com/rob-test.mpg

Converted:

http://legacy.skydivingphotography.com/new.mp4