[FFmpeg-user] Piping video from REDline to ffmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Nov 4 22:53:14 CET 2013

Elliott Balsley <elliottbalsley <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > What does the tool produce?
>
> Options include DPX, Tiff, OpenEXR, SGI, or Quicktime
> (uncompressed, or RawCodec)

All these formats are supported by FFmpeg - if any of the
possible output files are not read correctly, please
provide samples (a sample)!

> > A file that cannot be read by FFmpeg? What can read the file?

> > A data stream to stdout? What is it supposed to contain?
>
> Typically the tool produces files on your hard disk.

That is fine, I only asked because you wrote "piping"
which I understood to mean the tool is producing a stream
(that you have to redirect to a pipe).

Carl Eugen