[FFmpeg-user] Concat input protocol: more files, more missing streams

Thierry Lelégard thierry.lelegard at free.fr
Sun Sep 15 10:57:23 CEST 2013

Le 15/09/2013 03:35, littlebat a écrit :
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 18:13:14 +0200
> Thierry Lelégard <thierry.lelegard at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> After all, the problem seems the size of the input, not the usage of
>> the concat: protocol. I just tried to merge the 5 VOB files into one
>> big .mpg file. And the result is the same: only 5 input streams are
>> detected, all subtitle streams are missing.
>>
>> See test below:
>>
>> $ ffmpeg -probesize 10M -i VIDEO_TS.mpeg -codec:v copy -codec:a copy
>> -t 10 -y out.mpg ffmpeg version N-56060-gbcd1c20 Copyright (c)
> Your command line seems don't consider subtitle streams copy. Read
> wiki:
> https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/wiki/How%20to%20concatenate%20%28join%2C%20merge%29%20media%20files
>
> An untested idea:
> replace "-codec:v copy -codec:a copy" with "-c copy" in your all
> commands.

You missed the point. The central issue is the list of input streams that ffmpeg detects
(and how many of them it does not detect). This means that the only meaningful info in
my post was the display of the input streams by ffmpeg. The copy and other options are
just there to form a valid ffmpeg command but they are useless.

Thanks anyway for replying.
-Thierry