[FFmpeg-user] How to mux a raw h264 es into some container without x264 installed

malikcis malik.cisse at gmx.net
Mon Jan 13 10:51:42 CET 2014

>>Will pkt.data be released automatically or there will be memory leak here?
av_interleaved_write_frame documentation sais:
"Libavformat takes * ownership of the data and will free it when it sees fit
using the packet's"
Which means to me the data will be freed after av_interleaved_write_frame
succeeded writing a frame.
I did not see any memory leak using this function.

As for my statement above, I noticed that the MP4 generated files will play
with VLC but not with Quicktime player. I suspect this is due to the fact
that I did not include the so-called extradata (see):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15263458/h-264-muxed-to-mp4-using-libavformat-not-playing-back

To be continued...
Malikcis