[FFmpeg-user] "Packet header is not contained in global metadata" when segmenting and encoding x264

Christian Ebert blacktrash at gmx.net
Wed Jul 23 16:02:09 CEST 2014

* Werner Robitza on Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at 15:27:12 +0200
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Christian Ebert <blacktrash at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>> I guess you just want to copy (-c copy both video and audio), not
>> re-encode (-c:v libx264)
>
> I do want to re-encode (for various reasons, one being that I need
> another keyframe interval).

If it's about avoiding intermediate files, encode to mpegts
directly and pipe it to the segmenter:

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -f mpegts -c:a copy -c:v libx264 - | \
ffmpeg -i - -c copy -map 0 -f segment -segment_time 5 out%05d.ts

--
\black\trash movie         _SAME  TIME  SAME  PLACE_
 --->> http://www.blacktrash.org/underdogma/stsp.php