[FFmpeg-user] problem when trying to convert a video for a copy of it self

Sonia Alves sonia.p.alves at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 17:12:01 CEST 2014

Hello,I'm newer with FFMPEG, I really need help with this one.I'm trying to convert a mp4 video to a copy of it self. I'm developing applications for TV and my mp4 video plays ok in TV.When I try to make a copy of it I run this in command line:ffmpeg -i Oscars.mp4 -f mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -s 640x360 Oscars2.mp4The result is a mp4 video with the same codec audio, codec video and rate, but the size changes!The original video has 5892KB and the converted video has 5854KB. The size is the only difference I see between this two videos.Besides that, the converted video doesn't play in TV but the original one does!It seems to me that the converted video doesn't really equals to the original one but I can't figure out why.Can you help me with this one please?Thank you