[FFmpeg-user] Transport Stream with h264 (Constrained baseline)/aac encoding for HLS streaming

Jay jmuthialu at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 15:54:47 CEST 2014

Hi Carl,

Wow! This has fixed my problem. Many thanks to you !!

I also noticed that when the .ts files are generated it also generates a warning message:

[mpegts @ 000000000b62f2e0] Using AVStream.codec.time_base as a timebase hint to
 the muxer is deprecated. Set AVStream.time_base instead.

a. Can this be ignored? Will it impact live streaming capabilities?
b. I researched on this issue and found that you have indicated that this is fixed in the latest git. To fix this issue I believe that I need to download the latest git snapshot and compile the code. Is that the right way to fix this issue?

Jay Muthialu

On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:39 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

Jay <jmuthialu-at-yahoo.com <at> ffmpeg.org> writes:

> -codec:v libx264 -f segment

Either use -flags -global_header or -f ssegment
when encoding segmented h264.

Carl Eugen