[FFmpeg-user] I am confused between your FFMPEG and Sourcefordge FFMPEG

Lou lou at lrcd.com
Mon Jan 26 04:55:10 CET 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015, at 06:20 PM, Dani A wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I am trying to install FFMPEG-php 0.6.0 on my server

ffmpeg-php is a dead project and it is not part of FFmpeg; therefore we
can't provide support for it.

> how can I install the FFMPEG on my server from your site

If your distribution provides a recent ffmpeg package you can possibly
use that, but often they are outdated and you did not mention what
you're using so I can't provide more info.

Or you could download a binary:
https://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Or compile:
https://ffmpeg.org/download.html
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide

> so my developers can access the video file frames and
> display them on a page, that's why I need FFMPEG.

Do you even need a wrapper library? See:
<https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Using%20FFmpeg%20from%20PHP%20scripts>