[FFmpeg-user] Link to sources on evermeet.cx/ffmpeg/

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 08:43:05 CET 2015

On 17/11/15 18:12, Leonard Bogard wrote:
> Looks like you're not blind as I also can't find a download link to the
> source he's using to compile the binaries on his site.
>
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 9:55 AM, John Pilgrim <lists at johnpilgrim.net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, but I'm looking for the source code not the binaries.
>> It's my understanding that the source code needs to be distributed with
>> the binary.
>> I'm not trying to police this on evermeet.cx, but rather comply with the
>> license terms myself as I use evermeet.cx's binaries.
>> John

Although the source code is not directly linked to. The binaries are
clearly labelled with the git checkout hash used as the source to build
them, and can therefore be obtained by checking out that hash from the
main git repo.

Since the Evermeet site is linked to from the main ffmpeg.org one,
presumably this enough to comply with the requirements of the GPL, at
this stage.

If you are wishing to redistribute with source, then You will need to
checkout the relevant version from the main repo.

All AIUI, and IANAL.

--
Tim.
Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83