[FFmpeg-user] Sending Patches to the Dev List

Gyan Doshi gyandoshi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 10:41:09 EET 2017

On 12/7/2017 1:38 PM, Jon bae wrote:

> One thing is to, that my patch is not shown here:
> https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/list/ so I though maybe I did
> something wrong.

Patches sent via Gmail web show up as attachments* and don't get listed
at Patchwork. Doesn't happen if sent through a client like Thunderbird.

Wait for three days after submission and ping if there's no progress.
Keep all further correspondence in the same thread on ffmpeg-devel.

Regards,
Gyan

*there may be a way to alter this behaviour but I haven't looked into
it. Possibly to do with formatting emails as plaintext.