[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg - C compiler test failed

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Dec 8 01:24:24 EET 2017

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 07:03:29 -0700, sujaypatil0055 wrote:
> --cpu=arm7 \
> --arch=arm \
[...]
> --extra-ldflags='-L../x264 -Wl,--fix-cortex-a8 -L../android-libs

"--cpu=arm7" is wrong according to google. You probably don't even need
to set it. (The armv7 architecture is not the arm7 CPU. Thanks go to
ARM for all the confusion.)

If you have a Cortex A8, the flag is probably "--arch=armv7".

> 3.Generated config.log file shows at end line "permission denied"
> config.log <http://www.ffmpeg-archive.org/file/t378344/config.log>

I don't see "permission denied" in that log file. Anyway, that's most
likely a problem on your side.

> 5.I just simply want to add .so files in my Android app to play .mp2 files
> because older version ffmpeg2.x not able play it on Nougat and oreo.

This will probably not work, because the ABIs of recent ffmpeg libs are
not compatible to 2.x ABIs.

Moritz