[FFmpeg-user] [ffplay] Trouble using concat protocol

Jian Guo aliezted at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 08:24:54 EET 2017

Recently I want to use the concat protocol to play multiple online videos,
I tried the command below:

ffplay -safe 0 -protocol_whitelist concat,file,subfile,http,https,tcp,tls
concat:
http://devimages.apple.com.edgekey.net/streaming/examples/bipbop_4x3/gear3/prog_index.m3u8|http://devimages.apple.com.edgekey.net/streaming/examples/bipbop_4x3/gear0/prog_index.m3u8

But it gives me an error:

Error when loading first segment 'concat:
http://devimages.apple.com.edgekey.net/streaming/examples/bipbop_4x3/gear3/fileSequence0.ts
'
concat:
http://devimages.apple.com.edgekey.net/streaming/examples/bipbop_4x3/gear3/prog_index.m3u8:
Invalid data found when processing input

As the documentation said:

A URL accepted by this protocol has the syntax:

concat:URL1|URL2|...|URLN

How do I deal with this problem? I have already known that there is a
workaround that I can use a ffconcat file but I really want to save the
string in the terminal, not in the file.

Looking forward to your reply.