[FFmpeg-user] Command being killed in perceptual hashing / ffmpeg in general

Aoife Fitzmaurice afitzmaurice at irishfilm.ie
Fri Oct 6 17:19:45 EEST 2017

>Generally, a backtrace, disassembly and register dump are required for crash reports (esp. if they are not easily reproducible).

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your response! I changed the dimensions to 320x240 and it worked as expected.  It may just be that the files are too large.

I was following the ffmpeg bug report documentation (https://www.ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html) to try and get any additional information on why the process crashed with the original file, but that process didn't work either.

Input: ifi-mac-pro:~ admin$ gdb ffmpeg
Output: GNU gdb (GDB) 8.0.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from ffmpeg...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

Input: (gdb) r ffmpeg -i Card\ 1/B0011888U01.mov  -i / Card\ 2/B0011888.mov   -filter_complex signature=detectmode=full:nb_inputs=2 -f null -loglevel verbose -
Output: Starting program: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg ffmpeg -i Card\ 1/B0011888U01.mov  -i  Card\ 2/B0011888.mov   -filter_complex signature=detectmode=full:nb_inputs=2 -f null -loglevel verbose -
Unable to find Mach task port for process-id 63368: (os/kern) failure (0x5).
 (please check gdb is codesigned - see taskgated(8))
(gdb)

I looked (codesigned - see taskgated(8)) and it looks like it needs to circumvent some security certificate, which I wouldn't be confident doing on this workstation. Would there be another way to get the backtrace, disassembly and register dump for any issues in the future?

Thanks,

Aoife