[FFmpeg-user] is real ffserver removed?

juan carlos rebate nerus492 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:47:06 EEST 2017

>> > No, it means if you want to continue using ffserver,
>> > you will have to fix some issues.
>> > (We weren't told the exact issues, but you have
>> > to start with the functions from libavformat that do
>> > not start with "av_" - all these functions must not
>> > be used by ffserver.)
>> >
>> > Please cut your quotes, Carl Eugen
>> I do not want to change anything, I just want to use it, that's why I
>> ask if there are alternatives
>

> You can take a look in SRS, is very powerful:
>
> https://github.com/ossrs/srs
no, it is not powerful, it does not even have half the possibilities
offered by the ffserver, it is strange everything that is free, ends
and what is commercial as in the case of wowza is still alive,
I still do not understand the reason for the death of ffserver,
is it a question of libraries ?, is it a question of little use?,
I use ffserver to transmit my animations, my content, because I do not
use youtube? because I do not control it,
I do not understand those who say in this list that ffserver is not
practical, maybe they could say that it is not very powerful compared
to commercial products, it can not be said that it is not practical,
many streaming services use ffserver to offer their services