[FFmpeg-user] Dolby E decoder

Mike Brown brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com
Fri Sep 8 16:08:26 EEST 2017

On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 02:30:08PM +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 9/8/17, Mike Brown <brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 01:39:34PM +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> >> On 9/8/17, Mike Brown <brown at mrvideo.vidiot.com> wrote:
> >
> > [trimmed]

> >> You need -c:a copy here, but you may also need to override input codec.
> >
> > The initial example wanted a wave file.  The audio stream that is in the
> > TS file is not wave, it is SMPTE-302M.  The above extracts the wave stream
> > out of the TS file's PCM stream.  Obviously I am missing something as to
> > what is going on.
> >
> > So, I am completely confused as to how the raw stream data can be extracted,
> > or overridden.

> >> 2013 ? Today year is 2017, Welcome to future.
> >
> > That is because newer versions of ffmpeg no longer work with XP.  They crash
> > trying to use an operation in a DLL that does not exist.  I have operational
> > reasons that require XP.
>
> Than no help for you here.

Are you saying that it takes a version newer than what I am using in order
to decode Dolby-E to ac3?

I have a Win7 box that I recently brought up and can do some testing with
a later version of ffmpeg.  In this case, what do I need to do for this
override you are talking about?

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot at vidiot.com | vidiot at vidiot.net            /~\ The ASCII