[FFmpeg-user] MXF container tags modified when replacing audio

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 02:29:52 EET 2018

>>> Most of time it's not an issue, but in a particular case, the player
>>> can't read properly the file as the "Video Line Map" tag value is
>>> not what expected.
>>
>> How do you know that this is the (one) value that stops your player
>> from decoding FFmpeg's output file?
>> What is the value that your input file shows (and the player expects)
>> and what value is written by FFmpeg?
>>
>> (I can confirm that for 3840x2160 no useful value is written.)

> Thanks for support again !
> As I'm not the end user, it's difficult to tell you exactly, but the problem
> occurs with Avid Media Composer.
> Video Line Map should be at 42, and it's at 0.

Sorry, I am not sure I understand correctly:
If you change the value "0" for Video Line Map in a 3840x2160 file
created with FFmpeg to "42", the file works with Avid Media Composer?

> Perhaps it's not technically possible, but an option like
> -keep_all_metadata would be very helpful in such case.

Sorry if I was unclear in my first message in this thread:
Just as FFmpeg is unable to "replace" streams, you
cannot "keep" metadata.

Carl Eugen