[FFmpeg-user] Merging VP9 files, without audio

Morten W. Petersen morphex at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 23:05:27 EET 2018

Hi again.

>From what I've seen, decoding and merging the files seems like the option
available in ffmpeg.

I read a bit on the ffmpeg concat (Concatenate in the wiki) page, but this
is a bit over my head, I'm not that experienced with ffmpeg.

I could also do motion detection on the fly in OpenCV, decoding and feeding
video files to OpenCV, if that's supported.

But I guess another question in all of this, is GPU-accelerated decoding
and encoding. What brands of cards are supported for this? And what is the
speed of a GT 1030 or R9 280X, compared to a modern CPU?

Regards,

Morten