[FFmpeg-user] Efficiently doing thousands of edits?

John Hawkinson jhawk at alum.mit.edu
Wed Apr 10 02:17:15 EEST 2019

Carl Eugen Hoyos <ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote on Wed, 10 Apr 2019
at 01:13:17 +0200 in <CAB0OVGrCZv85hB50gfccmo0_bBEpLoG52iv+_5+trcAqzaWcEA at mail.gmail.com>:

> ffmpeg, the command line application, is not a video editor. FFmpeg,
> the project, provides libraries that can be used by video editor software.

Thanks, Carl Eugen. What would you recommend for video editing tools that use ffmpeg's libraries?
I admit most of my experience with video editing software has been with commercial GUI projects that are not great for tasks like this.

I guess I could use the blackdetect filter to produce an EDL and run that through a commerical GUI video editor, but...well, what woudl you recomend for using ffmpeg's libraries? That's not something I'm very familiar with.

Thanks.

jhawk at alum.mit.edu
John Hawkinson