[FFmpeg-user] ff* command lines that work

Rob Hallam ffmpeg at roberthallam.com
Mon Mar 9 23:05:15 EET 2020

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 20:50, Mark Filipak <
markfilipak.windows+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

> It appears to me that ffmpeg commands have the following structure:
> *snip*

This will probably complete someone else's FOSS bingo card, but if
you are intent on putting in many hours of work to figure out ffmpeg
options, you might be served by browsing the source code.

(That's "It's all documented in the source", for anyone playing
along at home)

> I haverequested folks to submit command lines that are known to
> work. I hope to get thousands of them.
> I hope they will send them to me as private messages.

One of the great things about this ML, and QA sites is that the
questions and responses are public. Asking for thousands of
private examples runs contrary to that.

That being said, I suspect people would glady send you
personal examples on the basis of private consultancy. Do
you have a budget?

My main question is why won't commands from this ML
to other users, and answers to questions on QA sites
from the same people suffice for your purpose? Or to
put it another way: how will people sending you
thousands of examples know they are being helpful?

I mean, the `rm' example (presumably) works, but
that didn't seem to be what you were looking for.

Cheers,
Rob