[FFmpeg-user] xfade works perfectly on any videosrc or video file, but not for images?

Paul B Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:34:25 EEST 2021

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 10:55 PM Arif Driessen <arifd86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > It is very hard to help when no info what exactly was tried is not
> provided.
> Well I tried every variation on what you said. that is:
>
> > One possible way is using loop video filter
> So I'm looking at this documentation:
> https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#loop,
> And so i stuck `loop=loop=$N` after `movie=filename=${THUMBNAIL}` with $N
> being -1, 0, and 1

Sorry, but loop filter does not work that way.

size parameter of loop filter is by default 0, meaning it will loop nothing.
For single images you must set this option to exactly 1.

This is all mentioned and examples are in official documentation.

Note that ffmpeg default fps will be 25 for loop input/output.

Recent ffmpeg version even error out if size option is not set.