[FFmpeg-user] Large Sized output files recieved while encoding the audio

Shubham Tiwari shubham.tiwari at observe.ai
Wed Apr 20 20:50:32 EEST 2022

I think you are not reading the message properly. If you notice, the size
of the file i am passing is 2 mb, the return file size is 176 mb. Does 88
times increase seem reasonable to you?
I want the file to be in approximately similar quality and file size should
go at max 2 to 3 times. In this case upto 6 mb file size is fine.

I am doing this because we have a redaction logic to be executed on
approximately 1 million audio files per day.  And all these calls are
stored in aws s3. so storing multiple files of size 176 mb doesn't seem to
be a good idea.

Concerning my lack of knowledge, I read the documentation page multiple
times but couldn't find something that gives me the right information.  In
the end I reached out here. Concerning my lack of knowledge, probably some
help would be better instead of passing remarks.