[FFmpeg-user] Video Notation, A Video Lingua Franca

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:17:52 EET 2022

 > On 2022-02-08 00:19, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> Your "nice" words will not help you gain any credibility here, instead it
> will just make users leave list.
At some point I start to question whether some people on this list are speaking some private, special language that looks like English but in which all these pointless unprovoked attacks are somehow reasonable. They're not. Paul, you are the problem here, as is Harald, not the people you are attacking.
I say this for the benefit of people who may read this stuff either right now or in the archive in years to come, not for the benefit of people like Paul and Harald who are clearly beyond help. If you are a new user here, please know that yes, other members of the mailing list recognise that their behaviour does not represent normal professional interaction. Many of us will try to help people, even very inexperienced people, where we can. We often have to do that as they lose control of their emotions and scream insults at people, which is distracting, but there has, for many years, been no enthusiasm for enforcing any kind of rules here. There is not much we can do about it.
Considering Paul Mahol is listed as a consultant at ffmpeg.org I'd have thought he and the project, and particularly the other consultants listed, would have had some interest in being more reasonable. Apparently, though, this is what you get when you hire one of ffmpeg's recommended consultants. This is what the project thinks is normal behaviour. What these people are like to work with in person I hate to think.
- Phil