[FFmpeg-user] Conversion from mjpeg to H.264 with 2 overlays failed, trace gives me no idea why ...

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun Feb 13 22:20:02 EET 2022

This-

> Input #0, mjpeg, from '/Users/jb/test/test.mov':
[...]
>    Stream #0:0, 2, 1/1200000: Video: mjpeg (Baseline), 1 reference
> frame, yuvj422p(pc, bt470bg/unknown/unknown, center), 768x576, 0/1,
> lossless, 7.66 tbr, 1200k tbn

and this-
> [mjpeg @ 0x7f914b507f80] sof0: picture: 768x576
> [mjpeg @ 0x7f914b508540] sof0: picture: 258x28928

really make me wonder about what's inside that file. Looks like the metadata
and actual frame data don't agree at all- 768 x 576 vs 258 x 28928, and
neither is a nice multiple of the corresponding value. It also looks like
there are different size frames there, and IIRC ffmpeg doesn't handle that
gracefully.

How does the file play with ffmpeg or vlc? are there errors or a change in
frame size?

Later,

z!