[FFmpeg-user] Compile ffmpeg. Error from ./configure - ERROR: libzmq >= 4.2.1 not found using pkg-config

Thomas Seilund tps.ffmpeg at netmaster.dk
Wed Jan 5 20:15:56 EET 2022

Hi All

I can't compile ffmpeg on a raspberry pi 4.

When I ./configure I use --enable-libzmq

This is system information:

uname -a

Linux rasberry 5.10.63-v8+ #1488 SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 18 16:16:16 GMT
2021 aarch64 GNU/Linux

The error I get when i do ./configure .... is:

ERROR: libzmq >= 4.2.1 not found using pkg-config

I believe I do have the correct version of libzmq. I do this to check:

pkg-config --modversion libzmq

4.3.5

What am I missing?

As I see it ./configure complains that pkg-config does not inform about
the availability of a required version of libzmq.

But when I check the version of libzmq using pkg-config I do see a
higher version than the required version.

Please help

Thomas S