[FFmpeg-user] How to compile ffmpeg with https support

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Nov 15 08:35:56 EET 2022

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 09:34:56 +0800, Sendex Six wrote:
> Hi all, as per the title of this email, how can we do this? Also, please
> include links for any references. Thank you so much, everyone.

Check the output of "./configure --help":
  --enable-gnutls          enable gnutls, needed for https support
                           if openssl, libtls or mbedtls is not used [no]
  --enable-libtls          enable LibreSSL (via libtls), needed for https support
                           if openssl, gnutls or mbedtls is not used [no]
  --enable-mbedtls         enable mbedTLS, needed for https support
                           if openssl, gnutls or libtls is not used [no]
  --enable-openssl         enable openssl, needed for https support
                           if gnutls, libtls or mbedtls is not used [no]
  --disable-schannel       disable SChannel SSP, needed for TLS support on
                           Windows if openssl and gnutls are not used [autodetect]

So, you need to provide one of these libraries and add the appropriate
configure option (except for Windows, where SChannel is automatically
detected).

Cheers,
Moritz