[FFmpeg-user] lavfi-preview

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:43:31 EET 2022

Hi Paul,

On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 10:35 AM Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/24/22, Bang He <hezhanbang at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hwo to run it
> >

> There are now binaries auto build for Windows and Linux and are ready
> for download.
> All for 64bit.

This is super! Really nice to play with. I have trouble understanding
one thing (perhaps I'm just not seeing it). Let me describe what i do,
in case i am misunderstanding something.
1. Add a movie source and a buffersink.
2. set filename of movie source
3. control enter to configure, now a pad shows up at the movie source.
4. connect out pad of movie source to in pad of buffer sink
5. control enter to configure again, now a preview window shows up.
6. i play my file, things work. Great!
7. Now i want to add an actual filter in between. How do i do that? I
can't seem to edit anything anymore once its configured/played, almost
all options are grayed out.

I tried exporting the filtergraph, restarting lavfi-preview and then
importing the filter graph. This however directly brings me to the
state after step 5 above, so again can't edit anything, only play.

So more generally, how to preview and then edit the filter graph?

Thanks!
Dee