[FFmpeg-user] How to access archive of old questions

Jim DeLaHunt list+ffmpeg-user at jdlh.com
Wed Apr 5 22:30:23 EEST 2023

On 2023-04-05 00:58, Gyan Doshi wrote:

> On 2023-04-05 01:23 pm, Alexander Gorodetski wrote:
>> Hello guys,
>>
>> I've just subscribed to ffmpeg-user mailing list.
>>
>> Is it possible somehow to perform search in a history of questions and
>> answerin in this mailing list?
>
> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/
>
> Regards,
> Gyan

To elaborate on that answer a little, all the list archives are at HTML
pages with URLs which begin with that URL. Thus you can use web search
engines to search the FFmpeg-user archives.  You need to learn how to
tell the search engine to filter its results to only those under the
list's URL.

For instance, I use the search engine DuckDuckGo. A search for "setpts
site:http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/" gives me results from
2021, 2018, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 in the first page. You can see
them at this URL:
<https://duckduckgo.com/?q=setpts+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fffmpeg.org%2Fpipermail%2Fffmpeg-user%2F&t=ffab&ia=web>.

Best regards,
     --Jim DeLaHunt, Vancouver, Canada