[FFmpeg-user] Cannot Initialize DV Format

Kieran O Leary kieran.o.leary at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 08:09:25 EEST 2023

Hi,

On Mon 10 Apr 2023 at 04:20, ace8cjc via ffmpeg-user <ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org>
wrote:

> Two caveats I could still use some help understanding:
>
> Using -map, I could only use this stream: "Stream #0:0: Video"
> Adding a second stream resulted in the original error.
> The output file still includes audio though. How can this be if I'm only
> mapping the video stream?

Raw DV streams are a bit different from a lot of other formats. The “video”
stream will be quite complete, and will contain not only video and audio
but also timecode and other ancillary information such as error correction
data from the deck.
Try just mapping the video stream itself and forget about mapping the audio
to the output DV file and see if you're happy with that.

Best,

Kieran